Indigenous Thoughts Network
PHILOSOPHY AND RELIGION
PHILOSOPHY BY REGION
Where the Rivers Meet (WTRM) Website
CLASS 4 - MI'KMAW ETHNOGRAPHY
Chapter 5 . SE’TTA’NEWIMK: THE MI’KMAW ANNUAL PILGRIMAGE TO POTLOTEK
1. Why is St. Anne so important to the Mi’kmaw? What does she symbolize?
2. What is a pilgrimage? What kind of a pilgrimage is Se’tta’newimk?
3. What happens during Se’tta’newimk?
4. Describe the various reasons that Mi’kmaw people go to Potlotek for this event.
5. How does Robinson interpret the importance of Se’tta’newimk and Potlotek?